Welcome to the site of the Animal Emergency Centre in Auckland, New Zealand. We are a veterinary emergency and critical care facility for the pets of Auckland and beyond, outside normal business hours.
Since 2007 we have been operating from the Veterinary Specialist Group (VSG®) hospital in Mt Albert, and although a separate entity, the Animal Emergency Centre is closely linked with VSG®, with a shared facility and common directors. Together we provide 24 hour care every day.
The Animal Emergency Centre has three roles. As well as accepting emergencies at any time during our opening hours, we are also responsible for the overnight observation and treatment of all patients under VSG® care and we also provide a similar service for local day time practices, thus allowing local veterinarians to send their critical and post-operative patients to be cared for overnight and during the weekend.
Marieke Wijnen BVSc - General Manager
Fiona Marmont, Marieke Wijnen, Liz Means
The Animal Emergency Centre is dedicated to being a national leader in emergency and critical care, providing the best patient and client care available.
Through dedication, teamwork, and ongoing education we will continue to stand apart as the leading provider of veterinary emergency and critical care in New Zealand.
Patient care and positive patient outcomes are at the core of all that we do
• We are passionate about our patients, and house them in a safe, clean, well equipped hospital.
• Because we treat each patient as an individual, we are dedicated to caring for each animal as if they were our own.
• We strive towards clinical excellence through ongoing education and knowledge sharing.
• We respect our clients and their right to be fully informed, and to be communicated with regularly and respectfully.
• We cooperate with your family veterinarian, and ensure our communication with them is timely and effective.
• We value teamwork, and have a culture of respect and responsibility amongst our veterinarians and veterinary nurses.
• When you trust us to care for your pet, we take our promises to you seriously. We have sufficient integrity to admit our mistakes, and correct them.
• We actively and positively promote Animal Emergency Centre to the community
What to Expect
When you arrive we have ample parking available at the front of the building. The front doors are locked for security reasons. Press the doorbell located to the left of the main glass doors and one of our team members will open the door for you.Find Out More
After hours emergencies
The Animal Emergency Centre is located on the Unitec, Mt Albert campus situated between Gates 2 and 3 on Carrington Road.
Directions from Auckland City:
Head west on North Western Motorway (approx 0.5km) exit for Great North Rd.
Turn right at lights (under Motorway).
Turn right at Carrington Road.
Animal Emergency Centre is 700m on right.
97 Carrington Road
Monday to Friday: 6pm to 8am
Weekends: Friday 6pm to Monday 8am
Public Holidays: 24 hours
Our hospital is closed during normal business hours, but we are here to help.
We are more than happy to respond to any questions you may have in regards to our services or the service you have received from us.
Please contact one of our managers by email, or you can phone them on 09 849 2121 during normal business hours. This the phone number of the Veterinary Specialist Group. Please ask reception to be transferred to AEC management.